Contest Rules and Guidelines
We are now accepting submissions for our Baton Rouge Community Radio WHYR 96.9 FM 10-Year On-Air Anniversary T-Shirt Design Contest between March 22, 2020 and April 30, 2021. The winning design will be printed on the official 10-Year On-Air Anniversary T-Shirt to be released and distributed to our listeners and supporters during our on-air pledge drive beginning June 24, 2021.
Design Rules and Guidelines
- Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
- Design must include “Baton Rouge Community Radio,” “WHYR 96.9 FM” and “10-Year On-Air Anniversary.”
- Design will appear on the front of a solid-color shirt.
- Design will be printed in up to two solid colors. Gradients and transparencies cannot be incorporated.
- Design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts, and that it does not contain any copyright material.
- It’s recommended to render your design in Adobe Illustrator or a similar design program. Entries should include the original file, a vector-based EPS file, and a high-resolution JPEG or PDF file.
- Entries become the property of Baton Rouge Community Radio WHYR 96.9 FM.
- WHYR reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including colors of the design and the shirt
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- Entries must be emailed by April 30, 2021 to email@example.com.
- All entry emails should have the subject line “2021 T-Shirt Design Contest.”
- Please include your name, mailing address and telephone number along with your entry
How Winners Are Selected
- There will be two rounds of voting
- Round 1: The 10-Year On-Air Anniversary Planning Committee will select no more than 3 finalists.
- Round 2: The finalists will be presented to the WHYR community and the overall winner determined by a vote of the community through online voting.
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality
- Captures spirit of the Baton Rouge Community Radio WHYR 96.9 FM
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing
- Feasibility of reproduction
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines
How Winners Will Be Notified
- Winners will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. At the sole discretion of Baton Rouge Community Radio WHYR 96.9 FM, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- Winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after its transmission.
- The return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts.
- Winner’s failure to provide original design files.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a “winner” of the contest via social media, e-newsletter and on whyr.org.
- To release the rights to your design to Baton Rouge Community Radio WHYR 96.9 FM for the use of the t-shirt and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: the Baton Rouge Community Radio WHYR 96.9 FM website, social media and marketing materials.
- That Baton Rouge Community Radio WHYR 96.9 FM reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning designs.
- To abide by all contest rules, agreements and guidelines.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- March 22, 2021 – Contest begins
- April 30, 2021 – SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- May 2021 – Community voting
- June 4, 2021 – Winner selected and informed
- June 24, 2021 – Official t-shirt release